Leaving the Hospital

Just took a minute for him to fall asleep in the seat!

So – after a few minutes (hours) of talking to nurses, who tried to talk to doctors – we FINALLY got my MRI changed to an outpatient procedure, rather than an inpatient one.  Late last night, we packed up our wagons and headed home.

Otto had done a great job of packing up the room, and had already taken a load down.  When he went to move the car, I gathered the last few things and buckled our newest on up in his carseat.  He didn’t love it at first, but fell asleep before we left the room.

Neither of us had been able to eat dinner, because of the timing issues with the doctors, so by this point it was late and other than our last cupcakes (THANK YOU BOO SHEEP!), we needed something to eat.  A drive-thru grab at Chickfila was a good choice and we made it safely home.

Otto unloaded the car, while I unpacked our dinner.  We left the newest one in his carseat (up on the bed) until we could eat, and then I fed him.  It was pretty funny, as we have been having issues all week, because the newest one just isn’t making enough dirty/wet diapers.  Within an hour of being home, he had already made TWO dirty diapers and peed all over the freshly made bed (and his Papa!).

I guess HE wanted to be home, too!

We watched a little TV and laid him down in his new Moses Basket at 10 pm.  Otto and I went to bed at 11 pm, and woke up for the first time at 12:30 am.  He went back into his Moses Basket and slept until 2:30 am, after his second feeding, we laid him back in the basket, where he slept until 5:45 am this morning!  At this point, we let him fall asleep next to me in the bed after eating, and he stayed there until we all got up at 7:15 am for football games.

It was a pretty good first night at home.  I woke up feeling good enough that if this is what we have to look forward to for the next 2-3 months, we can survive!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Right now, he prefers as much skin-to-skin contact as possible.  He’ll wiggle his little legs until they are next to my stomach and reach his arms above his head like he is Superman while he nurses/sleeps.  His hair is still doing crazy things, but it’s so perfect.

He’s exactly like I imagined him in my dreams, but nothing like that at all.

Otto and I are so blessed to have him here.

~Mummy Butterfly  )i(


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: